MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT SCIENTIFIC
IMPORT PERMIT APPLICATION
(For exclusive use on scientific, academic, and educational work).
To apply for a Scientific Permit to Import Genetic, Biological, and non-Biological Resources (water/sediments/others) from the MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, you MUST include the following information/documents in your application package:
- Ministerio de Ambiente Import Permit Form duly completed in Spanish and signed
(For your convenience we can provide a list of independent translators that you may contact directly).
NOTE: Importation of soil is PROHIBITED by the Republic of Panama
- A copy of the export permit from the country where the samples are coming from.
NOTE: CITES specimens will require the CITES Export Permit from the country where the samples are coming from.
- MIDA request to import flora and fauna samples duly completed in Spanish and signed.
- If importing plants, products and by-products of vegetal origin you MUST include the Solicitud de requisitos fitosanitarios para la importación de plantas, productos y sub productos de origen vegetal duly completed in Spanish and signed.
- If importing insects or fungal strains you MUST include the Flora Health Questionnaire duly completed in Spanish and signed.
NOTE: The original permits must be with the samples entering into the Republic of Panama. The Panamanian Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry (MIDA) will examine the shipment and will determine if it is apt to enter Panama.
PLEASE SEND THE DULY COMPLETED PERMIT APPLICATION PACKAGE TO THE SCIENTIFIC PERMITS OFFICE: STRI-PERMITS@SI.EDU
In general Panamanian entities are required to render a decision on scientific permit applications within 45 working days (63 calendar days) of receipt of the application.